Thursday 24 September 2009

“Seven Wonders”, Fleetwood Mac


So it’s been exactly a month since I last had a cigarette or an alcoholic drink. I’ve done it cold turkey, and I feel great (physically) but the not completely unexpected side effect has been that I’ve become rather short-tempered. Basically, I’ve gone from being a chilled out entertainer to feeling homicidal whenever I am around total morons. The only thing that is calming me down whenever I encounter idiots is Fleetwood Mac’s Greatest Hits. I am not kidding.
I carry a tiny iPod shuffle (with Seven Wonders cued up) in my jacket pocket, and whenever I feel myself wanting to punch someone in the face, I stick my headphones in and soak up Stevie Nicks’ faintly silly vibrato and I feel straight better. I hope if you’re having a stressful Tuesday, it’ll have the same effect on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment